There's a myth going around that networking is just for sales people. If you're not in sales,
networking doesn't apply to you. Author Cynthia D'Amour says nothing can be farther from the truth.
Networking is, on the contrary, a critical skill for anyone who plans to participate in life.
Networking really is about building relationships that are mutually beneficial, and people have done
that since the beginning of time.
Why then is networking so hard to do? Networking is hard because no one ever taught you how to do it.
It's the skill the schools forgot to teach! Your grade point average, not your communication skills,
determined your advancement in school. Nobody gave you a score for being a good listener or being
skilled at conversation. No one trained you on how to build relationships or communicate with others.
And yet, once you were an adult, you were supposed to be great at networking - networking to find a
job... to get sales leads... to find more customers... Most business meetings even designate a time for
networking to take place. And no one ever taught you how!
Cynthia D'Amour's book fills that gap. It presents some no-fail, easy-to-use techniques for mastering
You will learn:
- How to develop a strong network and make it grow
- How to give a great compliment
- How to make yourself stand out from the crowd
- How to mix and mingle with the best
- How to stay in control of your nerves
- How to be socially prepared
- How to get the most out of an event
- How to prepare questions
- How to use props to start conversations
- What to do if you say something dumb
- What to do if you forget someone's name
- How to take control of your mind
- What to do when panic strikes you
- How to have a magnetic attitude
- How to get answers to your questions
- How to make an unforgettable introduction
- How to approach a group with confidence
- How to gracefully exit a conversation